Finally after months of deliberation and online voting, CFA will declare the winners of the Awit ng mga Bagong Bida 2: Music Video Making Contest. The top 10 finalists coming from different schools nationwide will be presented here live at Communication Foundation for Asia grounds on March 7, 2014 (Friday). Dubbed “Nasa V-Zone Ka Na Ba” A Free Engagement Party for the Youth, the event is open for all interested participants especially the youth. The free concert aims to inspire volunteerism among the youth and promote the importance of good governance, both which are highly relevant to the current issues our nation is facing. For Free tickets, call 7132979 or 09054880168 and look for Mela or Connie.
Here are the top 10 finalist listed in no particular order.
Engaged Citizen Slate
Awit ng Anghel
Tayo Ang Simula
I Am, We Are
Culminating the concert are Moonstar88, the band made famous by chart topping hits like “Torete”, “Sulat” and “Migraine”, and Jett Pangan one of the country’s well known musician. Hosting the event is Actor and Host AJ Dee.
Good luck to all the entries and See You this March 7.
All entries for the CFA MTV contest “Awit ng mga Bagong Bida 2” are finally in! With this comes the launch of its own Facebook page. The contest was launched last November 2012 by the Communication Foundation for Asia in cooperation with The Parish Pastoral Council for Responsible Voting (PPCRV) and The Catholic Educational Association of the Philippines (CEAP).
Aimed to set an example of pro-activeness among the Filipino youth on the social issues of our country, it’s main themes are promoting good governance and engaged citizenship. The entries came from all over the country mostly from students.
Like the Facebook page to get the latest updates from the contest. All 25 entries have been posted on the page. Feel free to like the videos you want and post your pick of who do you think deserves to be the overall champion.
The top three entries of the 2013 songwriting and MTV contest will receive cash prizes plus plaques of recognition. The overall Champion will receive P 30,000 while the 1st and 2nd placers will receive P 20,000 and P 10,000 respectively.
Good luck to all the candidates!
Songs taken from the CFA-produced music CD, Awit ng Mga Bagong Bida, are currently airing over DZUP (1602 DZUP – AM) every Wednesday on its radio program “Talatugtugan” from 11AM – 12NN. DZUP is the community radio of UP Diliman which goes on air daily from 10AM – 8PM. Listeners can also tune in to a livestream of their broadcast at http://www.dzup.org/.
Awit ng mga Bagong Bida was a national songwriting competition that gathered dozens of entries from young songwriters. Their songs were about leadership, good governance, corruption intolerance and youth involvement.
Be sure to catch the following songs on DZUP:
- Liga ng Mga Kabataan – a pop rock song calling for a new breed of responsible Filipino youth
- One Vote – an alternative rock song with funky undertones emphasizing what one responsible vote can do to change society
- Tuloy ang Laban – a rock ballad about continuing the struggle for peace, unity and truth
- Now or Never – an alternative rock song about the urgency to act for reforms now
- Sigaw ng Kabataan, Kurapsyon ay Paglabanan – a witty rap song challenging the youth to fight corruption
- Tambol at Gitara – underground rock that aims to awaken the consciousness of the masses
- KKK – Third Place winner; alternative rock encouraging the youth to get engaged and make a change
- Bayan – First Place winner; pop rock song about love for country
Other radio stations are being tapped to include these songs in their playlist. Stay tuned!