Last October 10, 2015 the Diocese of Pasig held the 3rd Pasig Catholic Mass Media Awards. Among the winners was Communication Foundation for Asia and Family Matters TV’s special production “Mga Pastol sa Sabsaban (Pagninilay Para Sa Pagdalaw Ni Pope Francis)” under the category Best Long Film.
“Mga Pastol sa Sabsaban” reflects upon the recent visit of Pope Francis. It explores the idea on “What would you tell Pope Francis if you had the chance?” The video special stars two students — Vonn (played by Lance Raymundo) and Dorcie (Jamie Jalandoni) who interviewed ordinary citizens of different social standings about what personal statements they would share with the Pope, were they to have a one-on-one with him. Along the way, Vonn and Dorcie reflect on the answers they get, and how these relate to the teachings of Pope Francis.
The Pasig Catholic Mass Media Awards was established on 2012 to give credit to those who use their God given talents in social communications to proclaim the good news. Communication Foundation for Asia thanks PCMMA for the honor.
What would you tell Pope Francis if you had the chance? This is what the Communication Foundation for Asia and Family Matters on TV explore upon in the upcoming reflective docu-drama special “Mga Pastol sa Sabsaban: Pagninilay Para Sa Pagdalaw Ni Pope Francis”.
In this video special, two students — Vonn (played by Lance Raymundo) and Dorcie (Jamie Jalandoni) — partnered to do a social research project. With the upcoming Papal visit as Mga Pastol sa Sabsaban 2 inside pictheir focal point, they interviewed ordinary citizens of different social standings about what personal statements they would share with the Pope, were they to have a one-on-one with him. Along the way, Vonn and Dorcie reflect on the answers they get, and how these relate to the teachings of Pope Francis.
Mga Pastol sa Sabsaban was written and directed by Pie Mabanta-Fenomeno, head of CFA’s Electronic Media Department. The premiere telecast will air on TV5 this Saturday, January 10 at 5:30AM and will be replayed on Sunday, January 18 at 5:00AM. It will also air on Studio 23 on January 10 and 17 at 5:00AM as a two-part special. Airings on TV Maria and the Knowledge Channel will be from January 12-16, at time slots to be announced soon.
Click the links below the watch the trailers:
The Life and Teachings of our Dear Pope is now available in Komiks format! Presenting “A Pope Named Francis: A Pope for the Poor… A Man of Mercy and Compassion” Illustrated Komiks – Special Commemorative Issue. In accordance with the upcoming Papal Visit of Pope Francis on January 15-19, 2015, The Pope Francis Illustrated Komiks contain the following features and contents:
- A special comics magazine focused on the preferential option for the poor, in English and Filipino Versions
- A commemorative edition that would inspire the youth to emulate the life and ministry of the Holy Father
- Presenting Pope Francis as a model on how to transform the Catholic social teachings in action
- Included are different stories in Philippine Setting with Quotes from Pope Francis on the following themes:
– On a Call for the youth – On Life & Dignity – On the Call to Family, Community & Participation – On Solidarity – On Dignity of Work – On Rights and Responsibilities – On Option for the Poor and Vulnerable – On Care for God’s Creation
- Full Color
- Size: 7″ x 10″; No. of Pages: approx. 36 pages
- Paper: Mechanical Bond GSM 60- Inside, C2S 60 lbs. – Front & Back Cover
- Available in both English and Filipino versions
For further queries, contact us at 721-2981 to 85 loc. 163. You can also leave a comment down below or email us at email@example.com.